FlowVella Turns 2, New Apps, Sale and Update to our Roadmap
It happened again. FlowVella went around the sun for a second time! FlowVella is two years old, though older users may remember that we launched before under a different name. Details, details.
We are so grateful for all of our PRO and Premium subscribers and almost all of our free users too. Our momentum is picking up; people all over the world are finding great value and utility and beauty and power and simplicity in FlowVella and 2017 is going to be a yuuuuuuge year for us.
We have just released new versions of our iPhone/iPad app (3.75) as well as the Mac app (2.25) – the updated version of the Mac is available on our site, as of this writing and will be in the Mac App Store soon.
We now support inline, autoplay video! It’s available in the iPad/iPhone app, the Mac app, and via the web player!
About a month ago, three potential customers reached out to us within the span of a few days asking if we supported autoplay video. We had to say ‘no,’ and we hate to say no to new customers, fans, and friends. This has been on our roadmap for a long time, and we knew we needed to support it, so we just did it.
Here’s how it works:
Add video to a screen/slide, then tap/click on the ‘autoplay’ setting, it will turn green. When you play your presentation and land on the screen with your autoplay video, it starts almost instantly. (Sometimes you may see a slight delay if the video needs to be downloaded.)
We made this super simple, and a little restricted for our first release in the name of simplicity and backward compatibility.
Autoplay Video Details:
- Videos on mobile have no controls in this first version. To stop a video, go to the next/previous screen or exit playing mode.
- Videos on Mac will only show the controls when the size of the video object is 600 pixels wide or larger.
- You can put multiple videos on a single screen, and they all will start playing at the same time.
- If you have an existing video, nothing changes. It will launch into the full-screen video player as it always has.
- If you do NOT set a video to autoplay, it behaves like existing videos and launches into the full-screen video player.
11 New fonts added:
Audiowide, Candal, Cookie, Indie Flower, Josefin Sans, Lato, Lora, Montserrat, Open Sans, Poiret One and Roboto.
You can now import PDF files and convert to Flows. These will essentially be screen shots of the PDF pages. You can’t change the text, but you can layer new content on, and it works quite well.
Since we launched 16:9 presentations, we needed to upgrade the viewing experience so that the presentation will go the full width of the screen. We’ve decided to kill the navigation arrows. Thanks, Tim, for pushing us on this!
**We have a known issue with 4:3 presentations viewing in certain sizes, and are continuing to work to fix it but wanted to get this update out before the New Year. If for some reason you have further issues, you can download to the previous version of the Mac App here and please email us to let us know what issue you are experiencing.
Get the Updated Mac App!
- Improved the gallery viewing experience. All black background, and brand neutral close button.
- Fixed issues with link animation.
- Fixed issue with a black background that was sometimes appearing for longer than expected/desired.
Get the Updated iPad and iPhone App!
We are so excited about these updates, and hope you enjoy them too! We are aware that we have a few outstanding bugs, and are working on these and hope to have an update out before Jan 2.
Update on Roadmap
We published a roadmap in 2014 and again in March of this year, and I’m happy to say that we are continuing to knock off items on the list in a pretty good pace. If you want/need a feature please let us know. We’re always available via email. P.S. Android is coming, and coming soon!
Thanks again for all of your support this year, and we hope you have a great Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanza, or whatever you celebrate, and an amazing new year!
– Brent, Jenn and Lance and the whole crew at FlowV